Memories in the Making!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It never fails. Every time there's a family gathering...someone pulls out the dreaded camcorder! You're sitting there having a perfectly enjoyable time, and someone sticks a video recorder in your face and expects you to be entertaining. The first thing that comes to my mind is to hide my face, while insisting "please don't film me...I look terrible!" Then, what's even worse, when you finally do look at the camera, all you can do is give a silly smile, wave, and say "hi."

I hate being on tape, and am the first person to start critiquing my appearance, hoping no one will ever actually watch this tape. I'm praying that it really is the camera that's adding on those extra 10 pounds!

While it may not seem like fun at the time, I must admit that over the years, I have had the opportunity to watch some of the old videos, and they bring back a lot of good memories. Many of them were things that I had completely forgotten about until I watched the tape. So the next time someone drags out the camcorder, enjoy the moment, and smile for the camera...you may be thankful someday!

 
Heartland Perspective - by Templates para novo blogger