Satellite TV is My Necessary Luxury

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I've recently been trying to find ways to cut back on my monthly expenses, and for a moment, I debated whether or not I really need Direct TV. I decided that since we don't pay very much each month for our satellite TV, I don't want to lose something that I really enjoy just to save a few bucks.

I had considered subscribing to one of those movie services that let you rent a certain number of movies every month and doing without satellite service, but then I realized that it wouldn't be as fun as flipping through the channels at night the way I do with my LocalTV-Satellite. That's my relaxation time at night when the kids have gone to bed, and my husband is playing on his computer. It's funny how I can have a shelf full of movies, and I don't watch them very often, but when they happen to be on TV, I'm excited that they're on! We also like to check the news channels to see what's going on, and you can't do that when all you have are movies.

I try not to waste a lot of money on things I don't need (the key word being try), but now I realize that having something that helps me unwind after a long day or something that gives me the opportunity to enjoy a movie or show with my kids is definitely not a waste of money. Especially when you can go to localtv-satellite.com and get a great deal. Some people might think that watching TV is time that could be better spent doing something constructive, but as far as I'm concerned, spending time with family and friends while watching a good program is an excellent way to spend some time!

 
Heartland Perspective - by Templates para novo blogger